Thursday, February 23, 2017


Beadzeimers

How many times have you come across this in your bead room?


And scratched your head and gone, what was I going to use these for?  It’s fun picking color palettes and bead shapes. I enjoy the Zen of selecting, the oooohhh when you find le bead juste and then… Beadzeimer’s sets in. Other projects are more demanding; if you stack one more bag of beads on your work table it will collapse; you laid out FIVE different palettes for this project and begin to suffer from choice fatigue. Weeks go by, and one day you encounter this great grouping of beads and can’t for the life remember why they came to be there.

And you put them back. Sigh. But picking palettes is very soothing, and good practice. Yes, that’s what I tell myself.

Well, I can’t leave it at that – so here’s a palette I enjoyed picking: 


This loomed wallhanging was inspired by a photograph of an iris, and I was pleased at how the ombre effect came out.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, the ombre effect really did come out very well! I have choice fatigue all the time as y9u well know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many times... a LOT. Now that I am reorganizing the stash, I am finding baggies that look like this and just putting the beads back where they should go. I'll get inspired again someday and go in a different direction with them....

    ReplyDelete